Guest Post by Cindi!
In Ready to Wed, Dakota Halifax has just been stood up at the altar. She’s got to try to plan other people’s weddings while dealing with the fact that her faith in love is shaky at best. Luckily, her childhood friend has just moved into town—and he’s all grown up and surprisingly sexy now. Hanging out with him is starting to make the suckiness better. Only, she’s having a hard time having only “just friends” thoughts about him. Add in the fact that her ex is looking for another chance, and her life’s starting to get complicated.
One of my favorite storylines involve friends that start to think they might feel something more, and Ready to Wed explores that topic. So I thought today I’d give my top five friends-to-lovers movies.
1. Friends With Benefits – Great dialogue, characters, and with Justin & Mila starting, a whole lot of sexy all around.
2. Just Friends – My hubby and I watch this every Christmas to make us laugh and get into the holiday spirit.
3. 13 Going on 30 – Jennifer Garner kills it as a 13 year old in a 30 year old’s body. Then there’s Matty. That swing set scene is perfection!
4. Boys and Girls – Found this surprising gem on Netflix one night when I was looking for a movie to watch on Cheesy Movie Night Tuesday (a tradition at my house). Great friends to lovers story.
5. What’s your number –This movie made me laugh and swoon like crazy. Such a funny concept. Anna Farris is hilarious as usual, and you get to see a whole lot of ripped Chris Evans. Need I say more?
Whether you’re looking for a romance that makes you laugh, makes you ‘walk the plank’, keeps you guessing, or stars your favorite paranormal, look no further. Select books have the single-title stories you crave, and the longer length you need to really get ‘lost’ in a great book. To find out more about their titles, chat with authors, participate in special events, and to find out what books are coming next, visit the Entangled website, follow them on Twitter, and like their Facebook page.
Today I’m happy to be featuring Ready to Wed:
Ready to Wed by Cindi Madsen
Dakota Halifax loves to be in love. In fact, as one of Las Vegas’s premier wedding planners, she’s built a whole career around romance. Which is why her own wedding has to be nothing short of perfect. And then her fiancé jilts her. While she’s waiting in her wedding dress. On a cruise ship already out at sea.Once back on dry land, Dakota tries to pour her heart into her business and weekly wedding advice column, Get Ready to Wed. But how can the heartbroken celebrate others’ true love? When she reconnects with her childhood best friend, surprisingly sexy and all-grown-up casino bouncer Brendan West, Dakota wonders if maybe she can fall back in love with being in love.But then her ex reappears, begging for another chance and suddenly Dakota questions if she’ll ever understand love. Can someone once-burned and twice-shy ever find her way down the aisle again?
a Rafflecopter giveaway