Today, I thought I’d talk about kissing. For me, that first kiss between the hero and heroine is just so much fun to read. I love all the sexual tension leading up to it, the stolen glances, accidental touches, and pesky thoughts. Want to score that lip lock you can’t stop thinking about? Here are a few ideas from Troy and Erin, my hero and heroine in WILD ABOUT HER WINGMAN…
1) Whisper sweet nothings. Lean in close so that your lips graze that delicate spot just under the earlobe. With a soft voice share how much you want to kiss the other person: “Your mouth drives me wild and I can’t wait to kiss you.” Or maybe, “I want to kiss you so bad, I can barely breathe.”
2) Get caught looking at the other person’s mouth. It starts with eye contact. You can’t keep your eyes off each other. You’re eye flirting—interest and tease twinkling between you. Then one of you dips a glance to the other person’s mouth and yowza! Your body is flooded with flutters and your brain is signaling for contact – like now!
3) Ditch the lipstick and stick with Chapstick or light lipgloss. Erin’s a Chapstick girl and Troy loves that when he looks at Erin’s mouth, he’s seeing it’s natural beauty. And really, does any guy like the taste of lip-color? Maybelline might have sensational colors and shine, but most guys would much prefer the taste of you.
4) Start small. Little kisses to the back of the hand, the knuckles, and the inside of the wrist. A gentle 2-second kiss to the forehead or eyelid takes it a step further. And a soft, eyes-closed kiss to the cheek or spot just to the side of the lips means you’re angling for a kiss on the mouth. Where you plan to linger for a very long time.
5) Sing a song. Something romantic. Maybe something suggestive. Something that gets you both in the mood and conveys how badly you want to kiss the person. Don’t worry if you can’t carry a tune. Seduce the person with a tender, gentle rendition close to their ear. Let your lips hover just out of reach while your breath teases their neck and the words wash over them like a caress.
So what do you think? Have something to add to the list? What’s your favorite type of build-up to a kiss?
Wild About Her Wingman
Playing it safe never felt so risky.
Erin Watters is her small town’s resident wild child—she doesn’t do boring, and after having her heart annihilated, she definitely doesn’t do relationships. Her friends have other ideas, though, and when they throw down a matchmaking challenge, impulsive Erin can’t ignore it. Even when the annoyingly hot Troy Strieber accepts the matchmaker role…
As a rescue paramedic, Troy’s used to watching out for people. Never mind the bet he made with his buddy to play Erin’s wingman. But the more time he spends with the sexy, charismatic woman, the more he discovers a side of her she doesn’t let many see. Soon what started as an innocent game of matchmaking has them both thinking about the person right under their nose. But Troy’s a play-it-safe guy, and he won’t let a woman who lives for risk ever steal his heart.
Twitter: @RomanceIsBliss Steals and Deals
Robin Bielman lives in Southern California with her high school sweetheart husband, two sons, and crazy-cute mini Labradoodle, Harry. When not attached to her laptop, she can almost always be found with her nose in a book. She also likes to run, hike, and dip her toes in the ocean. Filled with wanderlust, she longs to visit many different places and fulfill her curiosity. She wouldn’t mind indulging her sweet tooth in every location either. She’s a lover of sticky notes, cable television shows and café mochas. Writing is a dream come true, and she still pinches herself to be sure it’s real.
Her Secret Wishes series includes Kissing the Maid of Honor and Her Accidental Boyfriend. Her other novels include Worth the Risk, Risky Surrender and Yours At Midnight. She loves to connect with readers. Learn more and sign up for her newsletter on her website at http://robinbielman.com.
Giveaway Info: Three (3) Make-A-Wish necklaces.
May all your wishes come true with this small Glass Vial Dandelion seed Make-A-Wish necklace!