This is my stop during the blog tour for A League of Her Own by Karen Rock. This blog tour is organized by Lola’s Blog Tours. The blog tour runs from 1 till 14 December, you can view the complete tour schedule on the website of Lola’s Blog Tours.
By Karen Rock
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Age category: Adult
Release Date: 1 December, 2014
He was attractive, talented…and way off limits.
Heather Gadway may have been a world-class college pitcher and a top university coach, but she’s a rank amateur when it comes to managing the Falcons, her father’s struggling minor league team. And when it comes to managing her aggravating attraction to Garrett Wolf, their talented new pitcher. It’s going to be difficult enough to make it as the first female manager in the league and prove to her overly critical father she’s worthy. No distractions. No missteps. And certainly no romances with players. Everything stands between them—including their troubled pasts—even as Heather’s world falls apart and Garrett’s the one who’s there to catch her…
You can find A League of Her Own on Goodreads.
You can buy A League of Her Own here:
Top ten favorite things about baseball and baseball romances: by Karen Rock
- Muscular men wearing sports uniforms. I might have spent a few too many descriptive paragraphs on that. Lol.
- Dugout kisses. Phew! Those stolen kisses in the shadows are so romantic. I love my dugout kissing scene ?
- Winning. Or at least trying to. It’s fun to write baseball game scenes where the tension and stakes are high for the team to come out ahead.
- A strong man getting vulnerable. Is there anything more attractive? I love writing a romance where an uber competitive, talented player, like Garrett, opens up and reveals his weaknesses. Melt.
- Setting. Baseball stadiums are electric and it pulses off the page. The hollering fans, the calls of the popcorn vendors, the smells of roasted hotdogs and mustard, the crack of a bat on a ball that is going going gone and the explosive sound of the song Cotton-Eyed Joe that gets everyone on their feet, stomping.
- Competition. There’s nothing wrong with a healthy dose of it. Especially between the two main characters. It builds chemistry. In A LEAGUE OF HER OWN, Heather, a former college champion softball pitcher now coach, challenges flame-throwing Garrett to a pitching contest. It was one of my favorite scenes to write.
- The game. It was fun to parallel the successes and failures of the team Heather manages with her romance with one of its players, Garrett.
- Teammates. Sports romances have so many opportunities to create lively secondary characters who each have their own unique, quirky charms.
- Goals. A sports romance is very aspirational. It’s clear what needs to be achieved, making it easier for me to figure out what obstacles to throw in their way. <<insert evil author laugh here>>
- Magic. There’s something special about attending an actual game. It fills you with wonder when you see all that the men (and in my book’s case- women) can do. It’s entertainment at its best and exactly what I hoped to achieve with A LEAGUE OF HER OWN.
Thank you for hosting me on your blog today, Kate! Wishing you and your fans Happy Holidays ?
About the Author:
Karen Rock is an award-winning YA and adult contemporary romance author. She holds a master’s degree in English and worked as an ELA instructor before becoming a full-time writer. Currently she writes for Harlequin Heartwarming and her first novel for the line, WISH ME TOMORROW, has won the 2014 Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence, the 2014 Golden Quill Contest and a finalist in the Published Maggie Awards. The first novel in her co-authored YA series, CAMP BOYFRIEND, has been a finalist in the Booksellers Best and Golden Leaf awards.
You can find and connect with Karen here:
There is a tour wide giveaway for the blog tour of A League of Her Own. These are the prizes you can win:
– a 100$ Amazon gift card (INT)
– a set of signed paperback of Wish Me Tomorrow, His Hometown Girl, Someone Like You and A League of Her Own (US only)
For a chance to win, enter the rafflecopter below: